The interactive tab button for use within the tab group component.
<nord-tab slot="tab" selected>Settings</nord-tab>
Whether the tab item is selected
|Default slot||The tab button content.|
CSS Custom Properties provide more fine grain control over component presentation. We advise utilizing existing properties on the component before using these.
Controls the text color of the tab, using our color tokens.
Controls the font weight of the tab, using our font tokens.
This section includes guidelines for designers and developers about the usage of this component in different contexts.
- Use the tab component within the tab group component.
- Use the
selectedoption to signify if the tab is selected.
- Use text, icons and other non-interactive content within the tab.
- Don’t use tabs to navigate to other pages. Use navigation or links instead.
- Don't use the tab component outside of the tab group component.
- Don't add interactive elements, such as buttons and links, inside the tab component.
Content guidelines #
When writing tab labels, always write them in sentence case, not title case. The first word should be capitalized and the rest lowercase (unless a proper noun):
Avoid unnecessary words and articles in tab labels, such as “the”, “an” or “a”:
Avoid ending tab labels in punctuation:
Use as few words as possible to describe each tab label:
Avoid all caps for tab labels:
Additional considerations #
- If the content contained within the tabs UI has significance or is important for the user to see, consider using a different form of presentation that doesn't obscure it.
- If there is a particular section you wish to show out of order of the tabs UI itself consider using the
selectedoption to select the tab but prevent the order of the tabs being affected.
Nord provides a lightweight solution for localizing its components. Not all components need localizing, as for the most part snippets of text are set per instance. For full localization guidelines, please see Localization documentation.
If you experience any issues while using Nord Web Components, please head over to the Support page for more guidelines and ways to contact us.