Divider components are used to separate and distinguish sections of content or groups of menu items. Visually, they look like horizontal or vertical lines.
The direction of the divider.
This section includes guidelines for designers and developers about the usage of this component in different contexts.
- Use to represent thematic breaks between elements.
- Use when you need to divide sections of content from each other.
- Use to separate content into clear groups.
- Use dividers sparingly, to create groupings or to separate items.
- Avoid using for presentational purposes only.
- Don’t use strong colors in dividers.
- Don’t use dividers for replacing card components.
Additional considerations #
- Divider uses a role called
separatorwhich indicates that the element is a divider that separates and distinguishes sections of content or groups of menu items. The implicit ARIA role of the native thematic break (
<hr>element) is a separator.
- Dividers have an implicit aria-orientation value of
horizontalwhich can be changed using the
- For more details, please see ARIA: separator role on MDN.
Nord provides a lightweight solution for localizing its components. Not all components need localizing, as for the most part snippets of text are set per instance. For full localization guidelines, please see Localization documentation.
If you experience any issues while using Nord Web Components, please head over to the Support page for more guidelines and ways to contact us.