The header is a block of designated space for labelling the currently viewed context as well as providing primary actions.
<nord-button variant="primary" slot="end">
<nord-icon slot="start" name="interface-add-small"></nord-icon>
|Default slot||The header content.|
|Optional slot for buttons, toggles, etc.|
This section includes guidelines for designers and developers about the usage of this component in different contexts.
- Use the header component to show a heading to describe the current view.
- Use the header component to hold primary actions.
- Use the header component at a visual high position at full width.
- Don’t overcrowd the header component with too many actions or information.
- Don’t nest the header component too deeply and restrict its available space.
Content guidelines #
The header component should be a containing element placed high on the page to present high level controls and to describe the page itself. It shouldn’t be overcrowded with controls or information.
If you experience any issues while using Nord Web Components, please head over to the Support page for more guidelines and ways to contact us.