Design isn’t just about the look and feel. Design is how it works, and we believe the best way to focus on this is to work as close to the end result as possible. That’s why we need your help.
Right now, we’re growing the team working on Nord Design System to support this mission. Our current team setup is small, diverse, and distributed across the globe. A fundamental sentiment that we all share is that we care for the people who use our tools. Providing a great designer and developer experience is really important to us.
When it comes to our team, we have a lot of trust for everyone. Instead of following strict deadlines, our team ships things incrementally and launches new features as they become ready. This means that a certain type of problem solving attitude is required, but the freedom we give you makes working with us rewarding. You get to work on what you think is fun and rely on your intuition when choosing what problems to solve.
Currently, we’re looking for experienced Frontend Developers to join our team. People who are kind, empathetic, and prefer the freedom that working remotely gives them. People who have several years of experience working in cross-functional product teams and on design systems.
- Help maintain a culture of empathy, safety and belonging where all voices are heard
- Help improve the design and technical architecture of Nord Design System
- Help promote design systems to teams throughout Nordhealth
- Collaborate with product, design and other engineers to create design patterns and components that evolve and improve the design system
- Rapidly prototype and test new patterns and components to find solutions
- Provide support for the users of the system
- Write clear and detailed documentation
- Work on accessibility best practices
- Nord is divided into modular systems that are distributed via NPM
- Development happens inside a Lerna mono repository on GitHub
- Web Components using Lit, TypeScript, HTML, and CSS
- Custom documentation platform built with Eleventy
- YAML based design token system
- CSS Custom Properties for theming
- React port of Web Components
- GitHub, Slack, Notion, Linear, Figma, and NPM as the tools
- Progressive Web App for desktop
- AWS cloud architecture
What we offer #
- Work life balance
- Competitive salary
- Parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in Europe
- Team that values diversity and inclusion
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- M1 Macbook Pro, 5K display and accessories
- Generous budget to set up your home office
- Latest software you need
- Regular team offsites
Who we are #
Nordhealth is a publicly listed and fast growing cloud-based healthcare SaaS company on a mission to redefine digital healthcare. We build software that empower veterinary and therapy professionals to provide the best possible care experiences to their patients. Our products serve more than 50,000 veterinary and therapy professionals across 10,000 clinics and hospitals located in over 30 countries.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Nordhealth has a solid footprint in the Nordic region and a growing presence internationally, with more than 400 employees working either remotely or from our collaboration hubs. For more details visit the company’s website at nordhealth.com.